Fraser & Partners exists to help our clients live their most extraordinary lives, empowered by the financial flexibility to do the things that mean the most to them. Our clients benefit from a highly collaborative approach – access to individual expertise and teams of professionals who work together for greater success.
If you enjoy working in a closely-knit team environment and are exceptional at what you do, please submit your resume.
We’re expanding our team! We are actively searching for Financial Life Planners. Read about the opportunity below.
We work remotely and in our Office at The Forks
Join us as a Financial Life Planner
Ready to seize an opportunity with an independent, values-based financial life planning firm? What’s holding you back?
We are building a collaborative team of specialists who are driven by our client’s values, priorities, and the vision they hold for a fulfilling life. We are independent and work with integrity, growing the firm by providing value. Our days are filled with working on financial life plans, reviewing strategies with clients, and implementing detailed action plans that include investments, insurance, banking, and other solutions.
We are different.
- Life comes before the numbers. We do not base plans on financial goals and objectives alone. We drill down to what is most important to our clients, identifying values, discussing their importance, working through differences, and identifying common ground on which to build a successful financial life plan.
- We do not “tell” our clients what to do. We work collaboratively providing “what if” scenarios so that clients can see themselves in the solutions and determine what works best for them.
- We do not “sell” products. Clients are welcome to enlist our planning services without any obligation to implement investment, insurance, or any other products. If it is determined that we will handle the implementation of the financial life plan, product solutions are derived from the overall strategy and based on specific needs.
- We are independent and not under any directives. We provide a wide range of product options for clients to choose from based on their unique needs. We offer investment services as agents of the full-service investment dealer Aligned Capital Partners Inc. (ACPI), under the trade name, Fraser & Partners Investment Services. We provide insurance services through our affiliation with the managing general agency, PPI. Visit Who We Are to learn more.
- We work collaboratively in planning teams. Each member of the team has a role in adding value to our client’s experience with us.
We are looking for financial life planners with skills, integrity, work ethic, and heart.
To be a fit with our team you must:
- Care deeply about the well-being of our clients, understanding that the work you do has a significant impact on their lives over time.
- Work from the highest level of integrity.
- Be motivated and the best you can be every day.
- Be prepared to roll up your sleeves and work in a setting that is focused, fast, flexible, friendly, and fun.
- Earn your share of ownership in the firm.
- Be flexible and learn continuously.
- Participate in the use of our systems and processes and help to improve our level of client service.
- Be a team player – ego in check!
As a financial life planner, you will have:
- The CFP and preferably CLU and/or CIM designations or be working toward these designations.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma.
- A diverse network including centres of influence.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services industry managing your client base.
- Advanced technical skills and knowledge including proficiency within Microsoft 365 (Teams, SharePoint, Dynamics, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) and the ability to quickly get up to speed on other platforms such as planning software, investment, and insurance tools. Experience with the Vision Systems Corp. planning suite is an asset.
- Strong analytical skills with a penchant for details and accuracy.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Exceptional relationship and coaching skills to help keep clients on track with their life plans.
- High EQ! Emotional intelligence is a key aspect of our work with clients and in a team setting.
If it is determined that there is a fit and you decide to join us, you can expect to:
- Spend most of your time communicating with clients, collaborating on the design of financial life plans, implementing solutions, and reviewing progress.
- Assist with and build relationships with our existing clients.
- Work with clients you onboard coaching them through our life aligned planning process.
- Get out there in the community and talk about what we’re doing.
- Contribute blog and presentation content in your area of specialization.
- Take on special projects and/or head up committees to improve our services and elevate existing processes.
- Have an impact on where we’re going as a firm.
- Gradually become a shareholder as you achieve key team and individual performance targets.
- Love your workplace! We are a team of skilled, dedicated people and it is truly exciting to work in an office at The Forks and from home – we do both.
If you see yourself in this description – working with us and loving what you do – please submit your resume along with your thoughts on how you would be a fit with the Team.