We’ve put together a list of helpful links from trusted resources. If you have any questions about how the pandemic could impact your financial life plan, contact us.
Stay well, stay safe, stay home – let’s flatten the curve!
- Stop and reconsider before you click. If in doubt – DELETE
- Watch out for gift card scams. If you want to purchase gift cards to support local, go directly to their websites.
- When meeting online, set privacy controls, use unique/difficult passwords and lock your meetings
BANKING & CREDIT RESOURCES
- If you are considering deferring your mortgage payments be aware that the interest will continue to compound. As a result, your mortgage payments will be higher either when you resume payments or upon renewal at the end of the mortgage term.
- When you are negotiating a deferral program with your financial institution, be sure to get in writing (date, time, representative’s name) that your credit rating will not be affected as a result of missed payments.
NOT FOR PROFIT RESOURCES
- Canada Health Services Resources
- A Guide – Financial help for Canadians affected by COVID-19
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel advice
- Canada Border Services Agency