We’ve put together a list of helpful links from trusted resources. If you have any questions about how the pandemic could impact your financial life plan, contact us.
Stay well, stay safe, stay home – let’s flatten the curve!
- Stop and reconsider before you click. If in doubt – DELETE
- Watch out for gift card scams. If you want to purchase gift cards to support local, go directly to their websites.
- When meeting online, set privacy controls, use unique/difficult passwords and lock your meetings
BANKING & CREDIT RESOURCES
- If you are considering deferring your mortgage payments be aware that the interest will continue to compound. As a result, your mortgage payments will be higher either when you resume payments or upon renewal at the end of the mortgage term.
- When you are negotiating a deferral program with your financial institution, be sure to get in writing (date, time, representative’s name) that your credit rating will not be affected as a result of missed payments.
NOT FOR PROFIT RESOURCES
- Canada Health Services Resources
- A Guide – Financial help for Canadians affected by COVID-19
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses
- Coronavirus disease (COVID-19): Travel advice
- Canada Border Services Agency
The information in this commentary is for informational purposes only and not meant to be personalized financial planning advice. The content has been prepared by the team at Fraser & Partners from sources believed to be accurate.